"Humanity is shaken in the midst of the Arrival. Riots occur world-wide, nations struggle to hold themselves together. No one is spared."
Alternate Future of the World [BETA TEST] is an 8 minutes and 44 seconds one-shot created by Imperialis that was uploaded on January 6, 2018. As of October 19, 2018, it has 6,342 views and a 36.16 Like/Dislike Ratio (217/6).
The video centers around the premise of extraterrestrials landing around the Earth in the year 2018, and the consequences of that politically.
- In the year 2007, all is going well for humanity. Germany comments of successful research at the CAN while France discovers the medical use for propranolol may have hidden potential.
- Kazakhstan breaks the fourth wall and comments on how the discoveries of Germany and France would have huge implications on humanity later.
- Romania and Bulgaria then join the European Union.
- Kosovo declares independence. Serbia and Albania argue about the matter, until Italy intervenes and asks Germany what stance the EU should take on the declaration. Germany allows each state to choose for themselves, and as such Spain refuses to recognize Kosovo and the United Kingdom dismisses the matter entirely.
- Meanwhile, Georgia begins to occupy territory controlled by the Abkhaz people. Russia intervenes to defend its borders, and soon Georgia agrees to ceasefire.
- The 2008 Crash occurs. America begins to be pestered by other nations.
- A UFO lands in Nigeria. Cameroon enquirers and eventually encourages Nigeria to inform the world. Nigeria claims that there is no need, as social media has already spread the rumors around the world. The event known as "The Arrival" begins.
- The global community is now aware of the landing in Nigeria, and similar landings begin popping up around the world. UFO's land off the coast of Istanbul, Turkey, one in the Rocky Mountains, USA, one in St. Petersburg, Russia, and another in a remote location in Siberia, Russia, one in London, UK, one by the Danube River, Austria and one in Gujarat, India. Global debate ensues about what humanity should do.
- The United Kingdom sends a team to asses the situation, despite opposition from Austria and Russia.
- The Extraterrestrial Response Organization is formed to attempt to communicate with the extraterrestrials. It's founding members are the United States, Colombia, the UK, Nigeria, Austria, Turkey, India and China.
- Kazakhstan continues to narrate about civil unrest.
- The United States begins a policy of isolationism and leaves NATO and the ETRO.
- The extraterrestrials stop orbiting Earth.
- China secretly attempts to communicate with the extraterrestrials. They fail.
- The United Kingdom and Austria begin to suspect Russia as knowing more information than they are sharing, and potentially being responsible for their departure.
- The extraterrestrials, now revealed to be known as the Unbidden, order the United States to use a weapon, despite their protests.
Despite every nation on the world map technically being a character, only those with speaking roles will be mentioned here. If a country is not here, assume that it does not have a speaking role.
These are characters that are integral to the plot.
These are characters that have speaking roles for more than one or two lines.
These are characters that speak once throughout the video, or those who are merely mentioned.
- Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
- North Korea
ReceptionAlternate Future of the World [BETA TEST] has been critically acclaimed, with some calling it Imperialis' best video to date, including himself. It won Imperialis the first round of the Diarchy Mapping Eliminatory with a score of 9.21, trumping Munyvian's second place score of 8.77.
It was praised for innovating maps at the time, and for the generally entertaining dialogue.
- The plot of the video was based on the movie Arrival. In fact, much of the soundtrack is taken from the movie as well.